Thursday, May 28, 2020

What Part of Me Is Immortal?

There is a part of each of us that is mortal, and a part that is immortal. The body is mortal. It will die sooner or later, and its elements will be returned to nature. It is harder to identify that in us which is immortal. Should I include the influences I have had on others as part of the "me" that will survive my physical death? On the understanding that ripple effects never completely vanish, perhaps. My DNA also will continue to exist as DNA for as long as I have descendants. But the really interesting question is whether there is something called a "soul" or a spiritual aspect of me that will not die with the body, but will exist forever as "me" in some form. 

No comments:

The Christmas Promise

An early post in this blog was  A Hymn For The Season .  I reproduce the post here, and dedicate it to all who are facing life's challen...