Saturday, January 27, 2007

Creating your physical health

Until very recently I would watch my body closely for any sign of a developing illness or other negative physical condition. As soon as I thought I saw one (uh oh, runny nose!), I would predict the course of the condition (great, next comes the sore throat, then the fever and headache ...) and adopt the mindset of a person who is ill. More often than not, my predictions would come true, and I would be sick and miserable for a week or more.

Religious Science (along with other schools of New Thought) teaches that the Universe sends you what you expect. By treating my body as a seed bed for disease, and predicting the growth of illness in it, I was inviting the creative principle to send me just that.

I no longer allow myself to predict that my body will become ill. I am still mindful of my physical condition; in fact, more mindful than ever. But if I feel a twinge in my body or a tingle in my nose, I do not create in my mind a course of predicted negative consequences for the compliant but neutral creative principle to fulfill. I may acknowledge the possibility that a virus has crept into my body and increase my intake of vitamins or zinc. But I also adopt the view that the twinge or the tingle will go away, and will not return along with more severe symptoms. I predict that my body will remain healthy, and more often than not, it does.

Of course, I don't believe that I have a permanent shield of immunity from all disease or other adverse physical conditions. One of the greatest students of energy healing alive today, Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, has been severely ill with pneumonia twice in the last few years. I am sure he thinks of himself as a healthy person, but perhaps he did not live his life consistently with that belief, because of his constant travel and teaching schedule. He has now announced that he is taking a sabbatical, and I wish him a full recovery and many more years of blessed productivity.

While the Universe tends to deliver what you expect, there is always the chance that a negative condition will slip through. You can demonstrate your belief in, and help ensure the manifestation of, your expectations by living the life of a healthy person, with good food, exercise, sleep, and moderate behavior; as well as regular medical checkups and medical treatment for any physical ailments that do arise.

Since negative conditions arise in the energetic body before they manifest in the physical, it can also be helpful to perform regular hygienic cleansing of the energetic body in the manner described in the followin post (immediately above). Whatever practices you adopt, do not forget to offer thanks to God for the health that you possess, and pray for the blessing of health to be bestowed upon all others.

And so it is.

Namaste

No comments:

The Christmas Promise

An early post in this blog was  A Hymn For The Season .  I reproduce the post here, and dedicate it to all who are facing life's challen...