Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thankfulness

I am thankful for Spirit that gives life, love, and purpose.

I am thankful for the love of those who are close to me, whether they are physically near or far away, and whether they are in this life or the next.

I am thankful for the prosperity that Spirit gives, and the secure knowledge that all my needs are provided for.

I am thankful for personal liberty, and the way freedom is manifest in this time and place. I am mindful of the sacrifices others have made to preserve and protect it.

I am thankful for the awareness of my connection through Spirit with all beings, and for the feeling of love that unites all souls.

I reach out in compassion to those of my brothers and sisters who are lost in separation, in pain, or in grief; who are beset by sorrow, anger, or fear. I pray that their connection with Spirit may be restored, and that they may rediscover that peace, love, and joy are all that exist.

And so it is.

No comments:

The Christmas Promise

An early post in this blog was  A Hymn For The Season .  I reproduce the post here, and dedicate it to all who are facing life's challen...