Saturday, January 27, 2007

Affirmation – The Covenant

I am in love with Life and with this Universe, with every being and every soul within it. I have a covenant with the Universe; a covenant of love. I share the glow of my spirit with everyone and everything that I encounter, and the Universe offers me its glow in return. When I offer the world my soul’s unconditional love, it returns to me burnished and enhanced; the Universe absorbs and retransmits it amplified a hundredfold. There is no limit to the power of this love. It brings me comfort, accomplishment, and joy, just as it contributes to the development of those attributes in those on whom it falls.

I keep this covenant by dismissing all selfishness, all jealousy, and all rancor. The body and the thinking mind urge me to take advantage of the open givingness that my love engenders in the world around me. They want me to hoard the joy the Universe freely offers me, to gather it unto myself and shield it from others. They do not know that love and joy exist only in the measure that they are shared. Any happiness that I take away from another being is a subtraction from my own; any love that I withhold evaporates from my being. I pursue only those pleasures that promote the ease and happiness of all.

My love is innocent and untarnished. Its light surrounds me; my aura is enhanced by it. Those I meet respond to its warmth in kind. My covenant extends to every other soul, to keep this purity intact. I wear visibly the knowledge that all is safe, that the Universe is good, that each of us is God’s perfect child; and everyone I meet is warmed and reassured by it. I draw in the boundless loving energy of Spirit, cleansing and renewing my physical and energetic selves. With the miraculous power of my energetic self I return to the Universe more cleansing energy than I absorbed.

And so it is.

No comments:

The Christmas Promise

An early post in this blog was  A Hymn For The Season .  I reproduce the post here, and dedicate it to all who are facing life's challen...