Saturday, January 27, 2007

Judging


Ernest Holmes wrote:


"It is only when we have completely forgiven others that we can get a clearance in our minds, for we are judged by the judgment with which we judge. If we criticize, condemn, and censure, these are the attitudes that occupy our thinking, and they will not only reflect themselves outwardly, they will also reflect themselves inwardly."

"If we want a complete clearance of forgiveness, we must give a complete clearance to everyone and everything. Whether we like it or not, this is one of the great truths of life. Not only should we forgive others, but we should equally forgive ourselves and not carry the mistakes of the past into the future."

The phrase, "judge not, lest ye be judged" appears to carry the implication that God reserves the power of judgment unto itself. However, I believe that God does not judge souls, any more than a soul aligned with Spirit judges other souls. I understand the phrase in the context of the power of intention. Judging means to label a thing as immutably "bad". By judging, I allow badness to become a part of my universe. If I create a world in which judging plays a part, then I must expect to be judged by others as much as I judge them. By excluding judgment from my experience and my intention, I can begin to create a non-judgmental universe around me, one that is pervaded only by goodness.

"The most fundamental question we can ever ask ourselves is whether or not the universe we live in is friendly or hostile."
--Albert Einstein

The truth that Einstein did not reveal is that it is our choice.

No comments:

The Christmas Promise

An early post in this blog was  A Hymn For The Season .  I reproduce the post here, and dedicate it to all who are facing life's challen...